So I went out riding the bike today to unwind and to get out of the house... unwind after being in the house all day?? Strange. Anywho, I stopped by my sisters place to give her the money I collected for my niece's girl scout cookie sales... her dog hates me. After leaving there I decided I'd finally give the carbon fiber wrap a shot on my helmet. I thought I was going to be able to do this alone. HA! Maybe if I were an octopus. Luckily my roommate and his son, Nate, were home and they lent a hand for a little while. Let me tell you, this was no easy chore. It wasn't hard like digging ditches is hard, just time consuming and slow going... did I really think I would be able to do this by myself? Even with the help of Pedro and Nate we were thinking it'd be nice to have a couple more pairs of hands. We got about 1/3rd of the way done and it was time for Pedro to take Nate to his moms... thus leaving me with no help for the rest of the night. Because of the nature of the Di-noc material, it's not something that can be set aside half-done and started again later. So I scrapped it. I blame the lack of foresight on my part for wasting $120 worth of material without enough left over to start again when I have more hands and more time to work. Oh well, live and learn. What we did get done looked AWESOME. It would have looked amazing once it was finished. I'm sure I'll give it another go sometime soon.
This is what I was going for:
This helmet was wrapped in the carbon fiber film and looks SWEEEET!